Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Composition Fundamentals Photo-Shoot II: Lines Journal Enrty

In photographic composition, there are 5 types of lines used. Vertical, Horizontal, Diagonal, Jagged and Irregular, and Leading Lines. All of these types are used in different ways in order to draw attention to, focus, and balance photos. For example, leading lines are used to draw attention to an object as the leading lines will show depth. For me doing this project was pretty simple. Given that we were at Wilson for the photo shoot, I had plenty architectural lines around me. Be it stairs to electrical cables from building to building. After learning about line composition, these will make my photos much better because instead of just pointing and clicking, I know how to "work the shot" with these composition skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment